Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Design notes: Tiasha Jefferson

By Tiasha Jefferson





In preparation for my poster project I tried to maintain a focus on perspectives of women in male dominated arenas and how the women cope with their lack of public space through images that expressed gender differences. I incorporated an array of black women artist imagery that I felt expressed the perspectives of women in Hip Hop and appropriately reflected their truth. Queen Latifah, Mc Lyte, and Lauryn Hill were highlights of my poster as the expressed the different dimensions of hip hop identity. I incorporated the 4 major elements of hip hop, breaking, djing, emceeing and graffiti in my presentation along with books that
study the culture and its divisions.
 


 Related:
AALCI 2015
 
************
************  

No comments: